After conquering my fears and just doing it, I have finally released my first YouTube video. This is just the first of many to come.
Cleaning up your energy doesn’t have to be as difficult as some would have you believe. It’s not this amazingly complicated process. Nor do you have to believe in metaphysics in order for this to work.
What do you need? Three very simple things!
1. Intention – if you believe it’s going to work, it will. It’s just that simple. Set the intention when you’re making this scrub it’s going to cleanse you of the yucky energy you encountered and you’ll be clean when you’re done.
2. Coconut oil – I use this brand (I do not get paid for this. I just like sharing.) Click Here: Island Fresh Coconut Oil Coconut oil is good for your skin as it is a natural antibacterial for your skin as well as anti-inflammatory. It’s also a great carrier oil for essential oils if you should decide to add essential oils. The coconut oil also stops your skin from being dried out while using the salt.
3. Salt – There is a reason Witches use salt on the windows of their homes. It’s the same reason it’s “lucky” to toss salt over your shoulder. Salt represents life and all that’s beautiful in it and it’s such a high vibration it bans heavy energy from coming near you. When salt was first mined it was so expensive to mine only the rich could afford it. Egyptians burned salt in order to clear the energy of bad spirits. Salt also represents the element of earth (hence the saying “salt of the earth”). Pachamama, Gaea or Mother Earth is known to transmute bad energy, purifying it and turning it into food for plants and animals. I am not picky about the salt type. I choose to use pickling salt, but you may use whatever you choose. Click Here: Morton Pickling and Canning Salt
You may add essential oils or crushed herbs as a preference, it is not necessary. If using essential oils, I don’t suggest using more than 6 drops per ounce for a 1% dilution.
You can make any size batch you’d like. Keep a 2:1 ratio, coconut oil to salt. A little education with some simple stuff!
Sometimes you just get tired of people questioning your way of life.
This is the season mostpeople often dread because their immune systems take a beating. Everywhere you go in public people are sneezing without covering their face or using their hands to wipe their faces without washing. Germs spread quickly and if your immune system isn’t prepared for it, your body will get sick.
Here are a few things you can do to help yourself (see disclaimer below as well):
- Elderberry – It can be made as a tea for daily consumption or you can make an elderberry syrup to take every day. Elderberry boosts the natural immune system in your body. It’s not a cure-all as many people think. In order to reap the most benefit from this herb it is best if introduced into the immune system on a daily basis. During an actual illness, it’s best to increase consumption. Same way you normally take it, just change it to three times a day.
- Oranges – This is a natural immune booster as well because oranges contain Vitamin C. After you eat the orange, consider drying out the peel and using it in conjunction with elderberry to make the tea or syrup.
- Rosehips – Another wonderful addition for the Vitamin C team which will help your natural immune system to fight flu and cold season.
- Cinnamon – Not only does it taste fabulous, but it has a practical side too! Cinnamon is filled with antioxidants which protect your body from oxidative damage caused by free radicals. It is also an anti-inflammatory and helps your body fight infections and repair tissue damage.
- Cardamom – The antioxidant compounds in cardamom may help protect cells from damage and slow down and prevent inflammation in your body. Cardamom may improve breathing by stimulating better oxygen uptake and relaxing air passage to the lungs in humans and animals.
- Clove – Cloves are low in calories and provide some fiber, manganese, vitamin K and vitamin C. Cloves have been shown to have antimicrobial properties, meaning they can help stop the growth of microorganisms like bacteria.
- Ginger – Ginger is high in gingerol, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Ginger is so popular most people know it helps in curbing nausea which is why so many people use Ginger Ale while sick.
- Peppermint – Peppermint whether used an essential oil or just suckling on the candy version is an excellent way to open up stuffy noses and clearing your sinuses. If you use the essential oil put one drop in a very hot bowl of water put a towel over your head and lean over the bowl and inhale deeply. Make sure to keep your head at least 12 inches away from the mist and keep your eyes closed so as not to burn yourself.
- Honey – Honey is another way to help your system get antioxidants. It’s also very effective for soothing a sore throat. If you have experience with allergies it’s also helpful to take one tablespoon of LOCAL honey every day. It must be local to you (usually within 50 miles of where you live) so your system is able to process the local allergens.
You may make yourself a tea made out of any of the ingredients above to taste. You may also use them to make Elderberry Syrup as well. I do sell the pre-measured herbs on my website for convenience. However, you can buy these ingredients yourself at your local health food store as well.
I hope you’ve found this information helpful!
DISCLAIMER: For educational purposes only. I am not a medical professional nor do I claim to be one. DO NOT INGEST any of the herbs mentioned if you are allergic to them. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
It’s that time of year where it’s starting to get cold in certain parts of the world, or perhaps you’re coming out of the cold and just love tea anyway. Using natural herbs from your local health food store gives you the option to be creative and make whatever kind of tea you like without having to purchase pre-made tea. My favorite tea during cold/flu season is an Elderberry tea made from the same herbs I use to make Elderberry syrup. (Just as lots more water and you have tea instead of syrup!)
Do you have a French press sitting around but you’re not interested in coffee anymore? (Shocking right?) Or do you just love making big batches of tea?
USE THAT FRENCH PRESS! Or buy one from your local thrifstore.
I bought this one for around $20 and it’s been worth it. The only drawback is that it doesn’t stay hot long enough sometimes but that’s ok! I can just reheat it.
As I woke up this morning it became more clear than ever there was a message to send out and post. I received this message very clear and hope it finds it’s way to whomever needs it
My witchcraft teacher has us journal every day as part of our journey as a witch. I am late to the game at the age of 49, however I am re-remembering so much each time I do more. I always say to myself “Oh I’ll do it tonight.” And then it never happens. I’m stuck between the belief of the physical written record and how important that is for generations to come and not having the time to actually physically write with a pen and paper. I mean I am getting older and my hand starts to hurt from writing because let’s face it… my hands have some arthritis and I’m at a computer most of the day already anyway, why not just do a digital version instead? Why indeed. I deserve to take a few moments out of each day to see where I was, what I did and how I got to where I am. I deserve to see my hard work.
What does re-remember mean? It means I am getting flashbacks from previous lives when I do certain things. When I am making products to sell on this website, I don’t do it alone. I have spirit guides who come in and sometimes it’s just a clear channeling process. The product is made and if the spirit guide didn’t write down what was done, I have no clue how it got made. I’ve learned though, sometimes that product doesn’t need to be made again. It was a one-time deal. I’m learning to go with the flow.
The more I give in to the process of what I am supposed to be doing in life I realize I am supposed to be writing more. I often think “Who in the world wants to hear what I have to say?” Then I remember I have grandchildren. If nothing else, I choose to believe that one day they would like to know what was going on with Mimi. How did Mimi get to where she was? Their parents are only going to tell my story from their point of view. I want them to know it from my point of view as well. I want them to know how much I love them long after I’m gone from the physical world.
I also want to learn more about myself and that’s what my teacher calls it: Know Thyself. So I am going to continue writing on my personal blog (www.marialeggett.com) and on this one for my business. The two blogs will contain completely different information because they are for two different purposes.
I hope you will join me and learn something as you go <3
With so many people experiencing the flu right now the entire US is finally finding out about more natural methods to prevent the flu and help deal with the symptoms.
Elderberry is making it’s way into the limelight due to its natural anti-viral properties. Health benefits of the elder plant include naturally improving colds, the flu, sinus issues, nerve pain, inflammation, chronic fatigue, allergies, constipation and even cancer. (2) When used within the first 48 hours of onset of symptoms, the extract has actually been found to reduce the duration of the flu with symptoms being relieved on an average of four days earlier. (3) During the 1995 Panama flu epidemic, the government actually employed the use of the elderberry to fight the flu. (Source: https://draxe.com/elderberry/)
The two most common types of elderberries available are the European elderberry (Sambucus nigra) and the American elderberry (Sambucus canadensis). The American elderberry is the wild species often found growing in old fields and meadows. The raw fruit contains a component sambungin which may cause vomiting and severe diarrhea if ingested. The dried fruits are less bitter than fresh.
Here is an easy to make recipe. This is the not same mix as the one I sell, but it will work just as well (For mine, go here: www.lavenderpotions.com/store )
Homemade Elderberry Syrup
3.5 cups cold water
2 cups organic dried elderberries
1 tablespoon fresh or dried organic ginger root
1 teaspoon organic cinnamon powder or 1 cinnamon stick
1 cup raw honey
- Pour water into saucepan and add elderberries, ginger and cinnamon.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 40–45 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by about half.
- Remove from heat and mash the berries.
- Pour through a strainer or cheesecloth into a glass bowl. If you use a cheesecloth, make sure to squeeze out the juice.
- Add honey and stir until well-combined.
- Bottle final product in a sterilized glass container.
We recommend that you consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before using herbal products, particularly if you are pregnant, nursing, or on any medications.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. For educational purposes only.
On a daily basis I am reminded of just how much I am never alone. I am loved by so many souls on the other side. It’s hard some day when you can’t reach out and touch them or hear hear voices. I would love to feel the pat of my Granny’s soft hand or the smell of my Papaw’s pipe smoke just one more time.
Close your eyes, calm your mind. Forget about the day you had, forget about the kids hollering or your spousal argument. Picture peace, happiness, love and whatever vision is a happy place for you. For me it’s a few things and will depend on what I’m trying to do. The sound of the ocean moving and seagulls in the air flying are pure peace to me and bring me harmony. I focus on those things to relax my body and when my body is relaxed, I ask them if they have a message for me. Sometimes I will hear in my mind “I love you” and sometimes they give me an old happy memory. Each person’s experience will differ.
Congratulations you just meditated 🙂
This has become one of my favorite oils. It has so many properties to it but my fave are the analgesic properties. I use this oil as part of a burn cream mix. I burn my arm regularly on a ceramic curling iron. I’m a klutz!
It must be used with a carrier oil of some type even an unscented lotion if you’re going to use it on your skin.